We will help guide you through the process of enforcing your rights before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
- Termination of employment based on one or more grounds of discrimination
- Denial of housing, access to goods & services based on one or more grounds of discrimination
- Harassment, sexual harassment and unfair treatment based on one or more grounds of discrimination
- Provide representation to Applicants and Respondents
- Hearings before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
The Ontario Human Rights Code protects people against discrimination based on a protected ground in a protected social area.
Protected grounds under the Code:
- Ancestry, colour, race
- Ethnic origin
- Place of origin
- Family status
- Marital status (including single status)
- Gender identity, gender expression
- Receipt of public assistance (in housing only)
- Record of offences (in employment only)
- Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
- Sexual orientation.
Protected social areas under the Code:
- Accommodation (housing)
- Goods, services and facilities
- Membership in unions, trade or professional associations.
Please contact ALD Legal Services at 647-689-6111 or by email.