Commissioner of Oaths & Affidavits

ALD Legal Services provides commissioning services in the GTA which includes regions of Metro Toronto, Peel region, York region, Durham and Halton regions.

By virtue of their office, licensed paralegals under the Law Society of Ontario are able to commission documents. Paralegals may take affidavits and administer other legal oaths, affirmations, or declarations in accordance with the provisions of the “Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act”.

To commission your documents contact us today to book an appointment!
We offer affordable prices and flexible bookings. We are also mobile, so we can also arrange an appointment at a convenient location to you.

What We Commission

Here are some example documents we can Commission:

  • Canadian citizenship forms
  • CRA Declarations
  • Travel consent letter for child travelling alone or with one parent out of Canada
  • Affidavits
  • Vehicle Transfer
  • Pension forms
  • Name Change applications for Adults and Minors
  • Proof of residency
  • Court documents
  • OSAP Sole Support parent (Student loan forms)
  • Vaccine Exemption Forms
  • And More

What to bring to your appointment:

  • Completed documents – do not sign or date documents before your appointment.
  • You must provide a valid government issued ID (Passport, Driver’s License, Citizenship Card etc.)
  • Person signing the documents must appear in-person before the Commissioner of Oaths.
  • We will administer the Oath of Affirmation and commission your document.

Contact us to have your document commissioned. We can also advise if your document needs a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths.

How can we help you?

Book a consultation to discuss your legal matter.